2012年3月22日 星期四

Wikipedia Stub Article

Hot zone (environment). (2012). Wikipedia. Retieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/hot_zone_(environment)#types_of_hot_zone



        I have use Wikipedia to research since I was in Grade Four. Wikipedia greatly contribute to my study. However, I have never thought about to be an editor of Wikipedia. The assignment of this week gives me a chance to an editor of Wikipedia. I choose the stub, hot zone (environment), which is a very interesting topic. I expand the biological hot zone and nuclear hot zone, which are predominate issue in recent years. For example, the areas where have swine influenza and the areas where have radioactive chemicals are the places where people concern about the safety. However, there are not many information about any aspects of hot zone, so I specifically choose articles of biological hot zone of swine influenza and nuclear hot zone in Japan.
      Wikipedia gives various kinds of information, which is a very good and convenient source for learning more knowledge if the information is from trustful references. However, in the lecture, it talks about that there are about four errors in one article of Wikipedia, which is very high compare to other encyclopedia, and a lot of information is from non-peer reviewed articles or non-official websites. Some information may be not accurate due to everyone can edit in Wikipedia. Many non-researchers expand information by using commercial websites or magazines.  I am not familiar to this topic, I cannot directly collect data and do the analysis about the hot zone, and I only get the information from secondary source, so I cannot judge the information whether is true or not. However, under this situation, I try as much I can to make a good article of Wikipedia by researching a lot of academic paper from database and researching statistics from official websites, so my article about hot zone has high reliability.
You can get more information about the hot zone (environment) and Realibility of Wikipedia. Lastly, you can fine more wikipedia post from other students' blog post Chronicles of Shan





He, A. (2011). IAEA: three major problems of Japan's Kufushima accident. Internation Business Times. Retrieved from   http://hken.ibtimes.com/articles/156197/20110603/iaea-three-major-problems-of-japan-s-fukushima-nuclear-accident.htm


The year's influenza, swine influenza.(2012) HEALTH Retrieved from http://how-to-prevent-flu.com/2012/02/this-years-influenza-virus-the-swine-flu/

External link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_zone_(environment)#Types_of_hot_zones

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliability_of_Wikipedia

沒有留言:

張貼留言